First impressions matter more than you might think. When a visitor accesses your website for the first time, regardless of the page, he or she makes a split-second judgment about the design.
That’s why it’s essential to follow website design best practices that directly impact conversions. You don’t just want your website to look beautiful. You want it to function as a conversion machine.
Website Development Best Practices
1. Use consistent branding throughout the site
2. Leave plenty of white space between elements
3. Reduce the number of choices you offer your visitors
4. Compress images as much as possible
6. Use color and contrast to your advantage
7. Animate top bars and popups
8. Group similar elements
9. Incorporate human faces
10. Use familiarity to your advantage
11. Learn the path of least resistance
12. Watch how visitors navigate your website
13. Create distinct landing pages for SEO and paid ads
14. Remove sliders and carousels
15. Collect specific data from your website visitors
Best practices are a good place to start. Then you need to test everything on your website so you know what works for your specific audience.